Add these cookies to your Christmas cookie tray. They’re guaranteed to satisfy the choco-holic in you, and get this: they have just 2 grams of fat, and are under 100 calories! Help keep your and Santa’s waistline slim this Christmas.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, 1/3 cup powdered sugar, salt, and baking powder together in medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, stir together chocolate chips and canola oil until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat and cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine chocolate mixture, peppermint extract, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and corn syrup. Then mix in egg white.
- Combine dry flour mixture with wet chocolate mixture, pouring 1/4 to 1/3 of the dry mixture in at a time. Near the end, you may have to use your hands to knead everything together.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup powdered sugar in a bowl, and fully cover the dough balls with the powdered sugar.
- Arrange balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, giving each an inch or two of space. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes – until cookies are cracking and almost don’t sink when you touch the middle.
- Cool for 10 minutes.